Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Mix and Match - Bear, Heart, Polka Dots Nail Art
Happy...Wednesday! (yah July 4th is tomorrow ★)
Today I wanted to show you a manicure I did last week. It's a mix & match bear, heart, and polka dots mani that I thought is so cute and fun to wear in the summer...or any season if you'd like. It's also very easy to create. I've tried out a few bear designs, and this one is by far the simplest, and sometimes...simple is the best!
1. base coat
2. pink polish
3. brown polish
4. turquoise polish
5. black polish
6. white polish
7. dotting tools or tooth picks
8. top coat
Step by step on how to create this mix & match manicure:
- Start by painting base coat on all nails (to protect your natural nails). Then paint your nails pink, brown, and turquoise (or any other color combo you like)
1. on brown polish nail, use your polish brush and draw a line in the center of your nail so it looks like a not-so-perfect rectangle shape.
2. then create 3 dots, 2 for eyes, 1 for nose. and that's it for your bear nail art!
3. to draw a heart, first, create 2 dots side by side.
4. use a smaller dotting tool (or tooth pick's pointed side) dipped into pink polish, draw a line out from the dots
5. then fill in the heart
6. for polka dots, use dotting tool/tooth pick to create dots. Apply top coat and there you have it!
To see how to create this manicure in action, please watch the video below:
Products I used:
1. OPI NAil Envy as base coat
2. Revlon Brilliant Strength in Enamor (pink)
3. Essie Glamour Purse (brown)
4. Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint (turquoise)
5. Sinful Colors Black on Black
6. Sinful Colors Snow Me White
7. Seche Vite Top Coat
8. dotting tools
I hope you enjoy this video. Please don't forget to thumb up this video if you like it and find it helpful. If you try this manicure, please tweet me or send me a picture @missjjan I'd love to see your recreations ^_^♥
♥ Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, Like my FACEBOOK page, Follow me on TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST ♥